POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Text rendering problem : Re: Text rendering problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text rendering problem
From: Ken
Date: 13 Dec 1999 03:09:44
Message: <3854A933.828F1546@pacbell.net>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi Christine Sander, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > I downloaded some nice ttf dingbat fonts, and tried one on Moray.  The
> > display gave me just the form I wanted.  When I tried to render it, Povray
> > just gave me a 3-D frame.
> I believe that POV-Ray has problems with such fonts, at least if the
> character you're trying to render is above ASCII 127. I'm not entirely
> sure what the problem is, maybe one of the POV gurus can shed more
> light on it.
>
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

I believe the problem has to do with both characters above ASCII 127 and
some fonts that are referred to as Unicode fonts. For some pretty detailed
info on Pov's limitation in this regard take a look at Jon Cruz's unicode
patch page.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/4453/unipatch/

--
Wishing you Seasons Greetings, A Merry Christmas, and A Happy New Year !